Wellbeing Support at Ku-ring-gai High School
Our school counselling team works collaboratively with the Wellbeing Team and parents/carers to support our student's overall wellbeing.
Should you need to contact our School Counsellors, please email or phone our school reception on (02) 9144 3477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that should you have an academic query, this should be directed to the classroom teacher and general wellbeing questions to the respective Year Advisers. You can view our Year Adviser list by using the following link: https://kuringgai-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/about-our-school/our-staff.html.
The school counselling team can assist in the following ways:
- Provide short term individual counselling to students who experience social or emotional difficulties
- Work collaboratively with wellbeing staff to support students
- Liaise with mental health practitioners in individual case management
- Refer to external mental health professionals as needed
If the matter is urgent or an emergency, please contact your GP, local hospital or call:
- Immediate safety concerns, contact ‘000’
- Children between 0-17 years with complex mental health concerns who live in the Hornsby or Ku-ring-gai Local Government Areas please call – Child & Youth Mental Health Service – Hornsby: 9485 6155 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday – Friday or call Emergency Department outside those hours.
- Mental Health Crisis Line for referral services – 1800 011 511
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800
Please also click here to access a list of further resources that may assist you, your child/ward and other family members.
Each year group at Ku-ring-gai High School follows a wellbeing program that aims to meet the personal and social needs of students and to enhance students overall wellbeing.
At Ku-ring-gai High School we prioritise the wellbeing of all students and staff. We have a strong wellbeing structure to support our students; in addition to all school staff, we specifically have Year Advisers & Assistant Year Advisers, Head Teacher Year Groups, a Wellbeing Coordinator, School Counsellor, Deputy Principal and Principal who are all invested and committed to ensuring all of our students CONNECT, SUCCEED and THRIVE.
Our Anti-Bullying Plan outlines the processes for preventing and responding to student bullying in our school and reflects the Bullying: Preventing and Responding to Student Bullying in Schools Policy of the New South Wales Department of Education and Communities. Please read click here for further information.
Each year group has diverse needs and concerns that we aim to address during whole school assemblies, roll calls and in particular our fortnightly Year Meetings.
Once a fortnight, each year group meets with their Year Adviser & Assistant Year Adviser along with their roll call teachers and Head Teacher Year Group to participate in a wellbeing focused session.
The wellbeing team here at Ku-ring-gai High School includes all staff. For more information, please refer to our staff page.